Sunday, April 22, 2012

People Watching week 1

I know, this is the third day in a row that I have posted, it's weird for me too. haha
I am starting a weekly, or bi-weekly series called People Watching. Since I am usually round the city by myself, I get a chance to sit back and watch everyone and all the goings-on. I have seen some pretty interesting people and I was going make a post and just add to it with the people I see/saw but I figured a series would be easier to follow. I'm going to try and post weekly but I might not have something every week, so I'm gonna post on Sundays when I have something to post.

Today will be a list of the ones I have seen since I've be in Montreal, if I can remember them all.
A lot of things happen on the Metro and in the Metro station.
One time I was on the Metro and a girl came in the back of the car and started asking for money, first of all this was strange cuz people barely talk on the Metro unless they are among friends. I didn't hear all that she was saying but something about needing money for the train to get out of Montreal. At the next stop she got out of the other end of the car.
I haven't [thankfully] been involved in any of the student protests but one day a few weeks ago a couple of girls got on the Metro in the middle of the car and just before the next stop they each stuck a red square sticker on one of the advertisement posters. I don't know what it said on the sticker but I assume it was to do with the protests.
Another time I was headed downtown on a Saturday and there were a few kids. This little girl was turned around looking at a boy, they were both no more than 5 years old. The boy was looking back at her and kept saying "no, no, noooo." The girl turned to her mom as if to say, 'what's his problem?'. At one of the next stops a couple got on with 2 or 3 little kids and they were having a great time, just laughing and giggling, holding on to the pole but then not. They were just having fun.
Another time I was walking home, late and I heard what sounded like a car door hitting the curb and then a guy telling someone to get out of the car. I looked over and there was a woman in the passenger seat, then I noticed her purse a ways away from the car, with the door opened. She got out of the car and grabbed her purse while the got reached over and shut the door before driving away. Leaving her to walk where ever she was headed.
Just yesterday I saw a guy walking his moped on the sidewalk, in the rain. I assume he ran out of gas.
And lastly how could I forget the woman that told me I looked like Kate Winslet at a glance. I don't see it. But then we had a conversation as if I was Kate. haha
That's all that I can think of for this week.
~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment