Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Playoffs-round 1

OK so I am jumping on this bandwagon, with my pick for the playoffs.
I haven't been following hockey too closely this winter so these picks are strictly how I feel/think they'll go down [or how I'd like to see them go down].
in the EAST
NYR vs OTT - I pick the Rangers. I'm not sure why, Ottawa has had some good playoff runs in the last little while but I think I'd like to see the Rangers advance, not that I want to see them take it all, just advance.
BOS vs WAS - I pick the Capitals. ABB [Anybody But Boston] applies here. Again I don't want to see the Caps win it all but I don't want to see Boston win anything so. I say Caps to round 2.
FLR vs NJD - Florida. This is another case of cheering for the 'underdog' [the Devils finished lower in the standings but I say the Panthers are the underdogs].
PIT vs PHI - Pittsburgh, for sure. This should be a good series but I want to see the Pens go far [maybe as far as hoisting the Cup]. I just hope that the Flyers don't beat the crap out of them along the way...
in the WEST
VAN vs LAK - I'm picking the Kings. Maybe it's because I don't want to cheer for a Canadian team, simply cuz they are in Canada. Or maybe it's because I have a soft spot for the Kings. Maybe it's because the Kings' goalie's last name is Quick? haha At any rate I will not be cheering 'LOOOUUU'.
STL vs STJ - This is a tough one, I've liked the Sharks before but I'm gonna pick the Blues.
PHX vs CHI - I'm picking the Coyotes. The Blackhawks have been there done that in recent memory. And Phoenix is always trying to prove themselves, now is their chance. [Also he might not even see the ice during the playoffs but Paul 'Biznasty' Bissonnette. That is all.]
NSH vs DET - Well I was cheering for Nashville before I realized who they were playing. Now without a doubt Smashville!! I've never really been a fan of Detroit so I would have cheered for whoever they were playing but I also read this article which sold me on Nashville.

I haven't thought too much a head to the next rounds or even the finals and like I said I'd love to see the Pens go far [yes, I know for other teams I've said they's gone far in recent memory but with Sid missing most of the season, Malkin playing great, etc. I'd love to see them go far. Call me a hypocrite or whatever, this is just my opinion.].

I saw this and thought it was perfect [maybe if you read The Hunger Games you'd understand].

~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment