Sunday, April 29, 2012

People Watching week 2

Welcome to Week 2 of People Watching! If you are new around here or want a refresher, you can see it here: week 1.
And to recap this will be a weekly, or bi-weekly series called People Watching. Since I am usually round the city by myself, I have a great a chance to watch everyone around me. I have seen some pretty interesting people. I was originally going make one post and just add to it with the people I see/saw but I figured a series would be easier to follow. I'm going to try and post weekly but I might not have something every week, so I'm gonna post on Sundays when I have something to post.



I wasn't out much this week, so I have some more that I remembered but didn't add to week 1 and I have one 'charmer' that I ran into this week. So without further ado, the ones I forgot last week:
I didn't see this person, it was the after effects that I saw. A graffitied garage door that said "Desole pour ta porte." [translation: 'Sorry for your door.'] Really?! You're going to spray paint someone garage door and you go with 'sorry for your door'? If you were actually sorry why did you do it?! This door is on my way to and from the Metro, it's since been cleaned more of less. But I just shake my head every time. What a useless thing to spray paint.
I got on the Metro, not my usual line and there was a man yelling at another man, they were sitting back to back. And I am not sure what they were going on about but the man would not stop yelling at the other. It was very strange and unnerving, thankfully one of them got off not long after.
And this week, it wasn't on the Metro. Actually I was walking because the Metro wasn't running, I assume the protesting students were to blame but I am not 100% sure. So instead of just waiting in the Metro station I decide to walk to another station. The warmer weather seemed to bring more panhandlers out and they are pretty well mannered. This particular guy was too. I don't tend to give them money, unless I have a bit in my pocket, I don't mean to be selfish but I need it just as much as they do. I try not to make eye contact and just generally avoid them. I do feel bad for them, but I can't help them much so I just try to avoid them. When I walked by this particular guy there was no one around so it was hard to ignore him, he said hi, how are you and I answered, I also gave him my 'I don't have any change' response. Then he said something about 'only needing 3.5 million [or billion] dollars to pay his bills'. I had to laugh and responded with 'don't we all'. I'm really not sure if he said million or billion, but either way I was surprised. If I had an extra 3.5 million [or billion] laying around I might help out the homeless but there wouldn't be only one recipient.
Have you seen any interesting people lately? And what would you do with 3.5 million dollars?
~believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment